Sometimes products that are sold separately just supplement each other so better to buy them together. Or you need to promote certain products and want your customers to buy more items. In either case, related products feature will be a perfect solution for you.
GoDaddy E-Store allows displaying related items on product details page and on the shopping bag page.
Product Details Page
To add related items to a product:
- In the left panel, click Sell Online, and then click Manage Store.
- Click Catalog, and then click Products.
- Next to the product you want to add related products to, click Edit Product.
- Click Related Products. You have three ways to display related items:
- To show specific products as related ones. Click Assign Products button to assign related products.
- To display random products from a category, click the Display random products toggle.
- Both specific items and random items from categories.
The chosen related products appear on the product details page under the You May Also Like section.
Did the customer miss a related item on the product details page? No problem, you can remind them about related products on the shopping bag page. The section You May Also Like will appear on the bag page and list the related items specified for the products added to the bag.
To enable these related products:
- Go to the E-Store Control Panel and click Settings.
- Click General, and then click Cart & Checkout.
- Scroll to Related products and click the On Cart page toggle.
- A store selling mobile devices and accessories would offer iPhone covers as related items to iPhone.
- If your product is good in combination with a guide or extra service sold separately, you can add those as related products.
- Your products are cross-related within one category. You can enable Random product from and choose this category for all the products within this category. As a result, all products will be related to each other within one category, within the whole store.